Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, November 03, 2021

FO3s & Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert 8:45 a.m. FS.  Ice was.... used, lol.  Private ice though!

I warmed up with stroking, some slaloms and then perimeter XOs and circle-8.  The circle-8 is not happening, at least not today.  Of course the ice was pretty crappy but that really shouldn't matter. Ugh.

Today's lesson:

  • FO3s -- most of our time today.  We ran through the LFO3 and got them back to being good.  It took less time than our last lesson two weeks ago, so that's a positive.  Then a bunch of time on the RFO3.  The good news is that these are now really nice!  The bad news is that I still can't make myself do them unless Holly is at least touching my hand.  Silly, eh?  That's skating!  We're all mental...
  • jumps -- just 5 minutes on these.  A couple of waltz jumps, a few salchows until I got a good one, and then some toe loops down the line.  Eeep.  I'm just not bringing my feet together :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home