Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Perseverance

Since I was off from school today I got to skate the Chandler Ice Cafe!  Ice was so beautiful!  6 skaters.

I ran through perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges and circle-8.   Wow, circle-8 was so much better on clean ice than yesterday on crappy ice!  Whee!

I worked a bunch on FO3s, almost all on the LFO3.  Alas for some reason I couldn't make myself hold that entry longer like I did yesterday with Holly.  Yesterday I had a nice rhythm of push, tuck the free foot in, rotate arms, the bend and snap the turn and hollllld the exit.  Today there was push and tuck, but then rotate arms and bend and snap were all together, and therefore rushed.  Ugh.  Granted, the turns weren't awful, and I was able to hold the exit okay, but they didn't have the control I want.  Grr.

I finished up with a really nice waltz jump and some salchows (last was nice).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home