Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, November 29, 2021

Edges, FO8, BO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 8:30 a.m. FS.  Ice was kinda beat up; 4 skaters.  

I had first lesson, so no warmup and I didn't scribe circles. 

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- meh.  FO8 were kind of uncontrolled, the rest were more or less okay.
  • FO8 -- eep.  So much bad posture and bad edges, so between that and the ice it's no wonder I couldn't make it around.  Yuck.  
  • BO8 -- in contrast... the RBO was pretty nice!  LBO was a bit problematic on return to center and circle shape.
After my lesson, I skated another 15 minutes and then had to go to another appointment.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home