Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Perseverance

 I skated the 1:30 p.m. FS at Chandler for freestyle practice.  I had considered taking my patch skates instead, but decided against it -- and a good thing too as the session was fairly crowded, including 5 hockey boys.  Eeep.

I warmed up with stroking, then ran through perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges, and circle-8.  Then I spent a bunch of time working on LFO3 in isolation and in the power-3 pattern. Ugh. It is so hard not to revert to old, bad habits!  I can't believe how much time I've spent trying to fix these.  I know it will be worth it in the end, but geez.  After that I ran through the 5-step mohawk just for grins since it's been a while.  They were a little rough.

I spent the last 15 minutes or so doing spins, waltz jump and salchow.  I got one decent salchow.  Spins were actually not too bad.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home