Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, December 20, 2021

Perseverance

 I skated the 1:15 FS at Chandler for freestyle practice today.  Decent ice (freshly surfaced but still a little rough even so), but pretty crowded (like 15 skaters!).

I warmed up with stroking and then perimeter XOs.  From there I went to work on 3s -- just LFO3s.  I still tend to turn them a little earlier than I'd like, but I did practice them in the power-3 format and was able to make myself do a real BXO *and* actually a decent step forward.  The key here seemed to be to have a good BXO, and then to be sure to really pull the shoulder back and be facing into the circle during & right after the BXO.

I finished up with a really nice waltz jump, then totally biffed it on a spin and fell.  Not sure how I managed that :-).  No harm, no foul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home