Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 04, 2022

Perseverance

 I skated the Chandler Ice Cafe for freestyle practice. Beyootiful ice and just 4 skaters.

I warmed up with stroking, then did perimeter XOs, BXOs to BO edges, circle-8 and 5-step mohawk.  The circle-8.... ugh.  I just could not make it around.  I spent a bunch of time on it and I really don't know why it sometimes is okay (albeit barely) and other times, like today, just not.  This just strikes me as .... a really dumb problem to have at this point. Ugh.

After that I spent a bunch of time on LFO3s into the power-3 pattern. Still can't make myself do the 2nd 3, but at least the step forward happens okay.  Not real thrilled with the first 3 either, though.

Finished up with 15 minutes on spins and jumps.  I got a couple of okay spins and a bunch that stank.  A couple of okay waltz jumps and no good salchows, except for one where the timing was actually right but I fell on the landing. Ooops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home