Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 24, 2022

Posture

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 1:15 FS at Chandler.  Nice ice and just 3 skaters.  I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- we went back over these.  I'm still getting some flats, especially on the FO.  Gr
  • FO8 -- these are still lacking. Ugh.
  • posture -- we transitioned into working just on posture.  Pushing onto a flat I have great posture! I don't know why it's so different when I'm pushing onto a curve.  Yuck.
  • FI8 -- as usual these were much better, though still not so great.
I really am concerned that these are so much worse than they used to be.  I don't know if it's my skates or me -- I tend to think it's me. My core strength isn't what it used to be as with Covid I have been avoiding the gym.  Urph.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home