Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, February 07, 2022

Edges, BO8, FO3

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 1:15 FS.  Nice ice and just 4 skaters. I warmed up with forward edges and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- not bad.  Still working on posture and also to keep the free foot close (like figures) and not in 'landing position (like MIF).
  • BO8 -- not too bad.  Still working on posture etc. and working to have a better initial edge.
  • FO3 -- just a little work on these.  Not good (worse than in my FS skates).  
In other news I was told last week that there will be figures at this year's Sherwood Invitational, so I really do need to get my act together.  Danette wants me to work on my flexiblity and core strength.... when? Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home