Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  Mostly good ice (except by the Zamboni door); about 12 skaters.  I warmed up with stroking, perimeter XOs, and circle-8 (it was good!).

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs --  not bad.  We worked on making the BXOs have deeper lobes and more time on one foot.
  • circle-8 --  first couple were not as good as in warmup (or yesterday), but it got better.
  • power-3s --  eeep. We tried this in the pattern, just the L side.  The first two I did I totally reverted to 'bad' 3s.  The third one I set up correctly and then couldn't make myself turn.  Gaah. So we went and worked them at the crease again.  I can make myself do a more-or-less 'good' 3 from the standing start, and the back lobe was okay, but again I couldn't get myself to attempt the turn on the 2nd lobe.  Grrr.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home