Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 04, 2022

The Stick

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 1:15 FS.  Nice ice, just 3 skaters.

I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.  My FO edges were ucky so I did them again.

Today's lesson:

  • FO3s -- For today's lesson, Danette brought her hockey stick and we used that to work on FO3s.  Ugh.  I just really don't want to twist into the circle enough.  I can do them okay when she's holding the stick, but when I just hold it myself, I don't want to turn in enough.  This is all mental, and it drives me bonkers.
  • Waltz-8 -- after the FO3s we went on to work on the waltz-8.  Beside the wonky 3s, we still need to fix my step forward.  My posture quickly reverted to 'old Gordon'.  Ugh.  Lots to do here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home