Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the 9:15 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I only got a short warmup in before they decided to THEN do the ice cut they should have done at 9 (apparently they were fixing the Zamboni).

I finally got on the ice with Holly at... 9:35?  Something like that.  Private ice and obviously fresh.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- I couldn't make it around the first circle (LFO) so I had to push.  After that it was okay.  We worked on the push a little more after that and it was better.  Considering I'd not skated much it was probably that.
  • perimeter XOs -- once through the pattern. Woo!  This was the best I've ever done these, I think.  I had good flow and speed, and on the BXOs I worked to be on one foot more and to be on a more obvious BI edge.  I was really happy with these.
  • 3s/power-3s -- we worked these briefly on the crease, then in the pattern, just the LFO3.  The step forward has really improved, I don't know why.  That said, I still have mental issues getting myself to do the subsequent 3s. Ack.  
All in all a pretty good lesson, actually.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home