Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, April 25, 2022

Edges & FO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler 1:15 FS.  Beautiful ice and just 2 skaters.  I scribed circles and warmed up with edges.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- we spent a bunch of time working on my FO edges especially, trying to fix my issues with the LFO lobe being too large and not on a good edge.  We made some good progress.  Some similar fixes on the BO edges to make the lobe sizes even between the two sides and to lean into the circle more.  FI and BI were pretty decent.
  • FO8 -- just a few minutes on these, mostly focusing on posture.  Eeep.  On the positive side I think the push has improved.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home