Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Moves, Spins, Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the 9:15 FS at Gilbert.  Nice ice and just one other skater.

I warmed up with stroking, circle-8 (okay) and perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- same goals as last week.  For some reason I was having a hard time bringing the pattern around on the clockwise BXOs.  Uck.  I need to really push to be on a better LBI.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- meh.  These are kind of slow right now and again I really need to get a better BO edge (it was on my feedback on my test).  Urph.
  • spins -- just one - a really good 4 rev spin!  We moved on.
  • jumps -- one really nice waltz jump, and a couple of pretty good salchows.  Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home