Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Perimeter XOs & FO3s

 My lesson with Holly on the 9:15 FS at Gilbert.  Ice was decent and I had it all to myself!  I had the usual brief warmup -- stroking, circle-8 (actually pretty good) and then a lap of perimeter XOs.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- Holly wanted to spend more time on these.  Mostly we focused on improving the fidelity to the pattern.  These are actually a lot better.
  • LFO3s -- we worked on these on the crease and also in the power-3 pattern.  Urph.  Getting me to do them in a controlled manner in the power-3 pattern is a struggle.  And, getting me to do the subsequent FO3 is also a struggle.  Geez.
Thank goodness, I'm almost done with school for the semester, so I should have more time to skate in a couple of weeks.  Yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home