Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, July 01, 2022

Patching

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult FS session.  Nice ice but a bit crowded -- I think 10 skaters?  People were running programs and it was just busy.

I scribed some circles and then it was time for lesson (I was running late).

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- eep.  FO not so great (that LFO, esp. the first one, is really flat and slippery).  FI was better.  BO not bad once I remembered to keep the free foot in front.  BI was okay although first lobe is too small.
  • FO8 -- really stinky.  Not making it around, push is weak, body position bad, just bad all around. 
It's what I expect from all this time off but really, I am supposed to compete in 7 weeks and this is just bad.  Yuck.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home