Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, July 18, 2022

FI8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 10:45 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Ice was a bit beat up and like 13 skaters, so it was pretty crowded with lots of people doing programs, dances, etc.  Ugh.

We started my lesson right away so no warmup and no scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • forward edges -- meh.  I guess I'll blame it on no warmup but my FO edges really take some time to become decent.  Yuck.
  • FI8 -- most of our lesson.  This is the figure I'm going to do at Sherwood.  Sometimes I make it around, sometimes I don't.  We worked a lot on posture and on getting me to plie' straight down for the push and then straight up again without breaking at the waist.  Ugh.  
I really need more practice time.  These sessions aren't conducive to good work though, between the beat up ice and, more importantly, the numbers of people and what they are doing.  Ugh.  I'm hopeful when school starts again (next week for some schools!) that things will be better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home