Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Bronze Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the CCIC FS.  Better ice than in the past; about 8 skaters.  I had some time to warm up with stroking and a decent circle-8.

Today's lesson:

  • BXOs to BO edges -- most of our lesson on these. Holly had me work on getting down in the knees more on the BXO and really pushing more.  We did an exercise just of BI edges (on two feet) down the rink (sort of like slaloms but wider stance) just to feel that push and transfer of weight.  Holly reminded me to look where I'm going on the BO edge :-) which also helps bring it around more.  Flow is a bit better on these, so yay.
  • FO3s -- just a few on the crease.  The RFO3 is so bad.  I have such a hard time doing them if I wait any length of time.  Ugh.  I can do a beautiful one if Holly is holding my hand, otherwise I balk.  Grrr.  I'm such a chicken.
No lesson next week as Holly is out :-(.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home