Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 22, 2022

FO8, Waltz-8

 My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice and just 8 skaters.  I warmed up with edges and FO8 and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- most of our time on this.  Really working to improve the push and position.  It's funny how working with a different coach (even, in this case, one you've worked with before) can make things a bit different.  Anyway good progress on the RFO, not so much on the LFO.  I did figure out that a good LFO just doesn't feel the same as a good RFO to me, so I need to quit expecting it will.
  • waltz-8 -- Ugh.  The 3s are still really stinky.  We made some progress on the step forward from the RBO.  Most of our time was on the L foot waltz-8, just a couple of times on the R foot.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home