Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

3s, Spins, Jumps

 My lesson with Holly on the CCIC 12:50 split ice.  This is ice that's blocked off half for hockey and half for freestyle.  Not ideal, but my schedule is limiting me (it will get even worse next week when school starts).  On the positive side ice was pretty good and I had it to myself!

I warmed up with stroking.

Today's lesson:

  • 3s -- most of our time on this.  Worked on the LFO3 and got it much better.  RFO3 not so much.  We worked these on the crease and I did practice going into another 3 as in the power 3 pattern.  Eeep.  It's all a mental block and I just need to get over it.
  • spins -- I had not spun in weeks.  I did several bad ones and then a pretty good one!  
  • jumps -- several waltz jumps of improving quality and then a pretty good salchow.  Yay!
So, this format is not ideal but as I said above, with school starting it's tough to schedule between school and, oh yes, my job.  Eeep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home