Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 08, 2022

Preliminary Test

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult freestyle.  Beyootiful ice, 9 skaters.

I received word yesterday that the figures portion of the Sherwood Invitational is canceled.  This competition is an NQS competition this year and so ice time is at a premium.  There were also only 4 of us signed up.  I don't blame them, but I am sad.  Unfortunately I suspect it won't be coming back :-(.  We'll see.

I warmed up with all my edges.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- FO not so great.  The rest were okay.  We spent some time trying to neaten-up the B edges by actually holding the free foot in front longer and then just 'hinging' at the knee so that the free foot stays close on the 2nd half of the lobe.  No 'landing position' with the free leg extended.
  • FO8 -- meh. Some issues with circle size and shape.
  • FI8 -- Better than FO8.  Wasn't getting around the LFI, which is normally the better side.  Ugh.
Danette is out the next two lessons so I should have Lynne as visiting coach.  It will be nice to work with her again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home