Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, August 15, 2022

FO8, FI8, Waltz-8

 My figures lesson on the Chandler adult skate; nice ice and just 7 skaters.  I had Coach Lynne today as Danette is out of town.  It was really nice to work with her again!

I had a good half-hour to warmup, I ran through edges and FO8 and scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- meh.  Actually the flow on the RFO was pretty good, but I really struggled on the LFO. We worked a bit on getting me to really bend my knees more for the push (like, crazy bending :-) ) and that really did help.  Still some posture issues though.
  • FI8 -- issues with the RFI, mostly posture.  We did make some progress, but I'm still getting to a point where I'm breaking at the waist.  Urph.  Also it feels like my upper body is rotating toward the end of the circle, I don't know if that's related to the posture issues or not.
  • waltz-8 -- whoa.  I don't think I've worked on these in months, and they were pretty bad.  The FO3s are bad.  We worked a bit on the BO edge/step forward and actually did make some progress in getting me to TURN MY HEAD.  Geez.
All in all some good progress!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home