Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 16, 2022

Moves

My lesson with Holly on the 8:30 a.m. FS at CCIC.  Beautiful freshly Zam'd ice and just one other skater (Jose!).  A couple of laps for warmup and then we dove in.

Today's lesson:

  • circle-8 -- actually, pretty good.  Good flow.
  • perimeter XOs -- I got a bit off pattern on the forward side -- on a positive note this was because I had really nice flow. I need to dig in a bit more to bring the pattern around.  I did something kinda weird on the back side first lobe so we did that side again and it was better.  My pushes are getting better.
  • BXOs to BO edges -- some similar issues to the perimeter XOs as far as pattern.  Holly pointed out that I'm not getting over my R side as well as the left -- need to really lean into the circle.
  • 5-step mohawk -- the BO edge is so scratchy!  Other than that they are not bad.  I really need to sit back on the blade a bit more on that BO edge.
This will be my new timeslot for the time being.  Other than some traffic it is pretty good and works well with my schedule, so yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home