Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, September 26, 2022

Edges, FO

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  Ice was okay, but there was a dance couple zipping around the rink most of the session so I spent a lot of time getting out of their way.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- we spent most of the lesson on edges, especially working on posture.  Since we were working on the end red line, we also spent some time working on starting the back edges on the left foot.  Eeep. So unnatural!  I am so used to starting on the right foot and I don't think I'd ever even tried it on the left foot. It did get better.  
  • FO8 -- just a few minutes at the end.  I'm not getting around the circle, but posture and flow were better, IMHO.  Eeep.
This session is really not great for figures.  The ice is pretty beat up after 3 hours of skating and it's too crowded to be effective (although it's not usually as bad as today).  I am kind of stuck with this time slot until May, though, probably.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home