Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 30, 2022

Moves

 My lesson with Holly on the 9 a.m. adult FS at CCIC. The ice was really gorgeous, and just 3 skaters. I had a brief warmup as I was running late.

Today's lesson:

  • perimeter XOs -- We ran through these several times.  I was able to mostly fix the forward pattern, finally -- I need to really bring the R foot lobes in more so they are tighter and don't go down-ice so much.
  • power-3s -- eep.  We did them!  In the pattern!  They were not so good.  At least I did them and didn't biff it.  I really need to get better 3s. On the bright side the BXOs and step forward were kind of okay.
  • circle-8 -- just one at the end. For some reason these are really good at CCIC.  Like, not a problem.  *phew*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home