Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, October 17, 2022

Edges, 3s & FO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 a.m. FS.  About 6 skaters, including the dance couple.  Ice was horrible -- beat up, and, since the humidity is up due to a storm, ice-stalagmites everywhere.  Ugh.  And, dripping from the ceiling too. No fog, though.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- meh.  FO actually relatively okay except for some weirdness on the LFO at times. The rest were not bad.  I'm generally doing a better job of keeping the free foot close on the back edges, which is an improvement, so yay.
  • 3s -- most of our lesson on these.  They are about as bad as they were with Holly on Friday :-(.
  • FO8 -- just 3 minutes on these.  Between the ice and my other issues, I could not make it around.  We were mostly focused on posture, anyway.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home