Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 09, 2023

3s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler.  We didn't start 'til 9 so I had about a 10 minute warmup, just enough to scribe circles and do forward edges.  Ice was okay, about 6 skaters.

Today's lesson:

  • B edges -- actually not bad.
  • 3s -- most of our time on these, on the waltz-8 circle and on the boards.  Working to get better timing of down-up-down.  Ugh.  For the last part we worked on them on the circle and I tried to have the same rhythm as when I worked on these with Holly, but with not a lot of success.  Such a basic thing, but I am still after all this time so lacking in control.  Yuck.

 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home