Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, March 27, 2023

Edges & BI8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 8:30 a.m. FS at Chandler. Ice was okay and just 4 skaters.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- FO was much better, and FI was okay. BO was pretty good.  We spent some quality time on BI, and especially on the first push.  I've been trying to get my soon-to-be-skating foot turned all the way out from the beginning (and avoid the wide step) but from watching Danette closely I realized I'm making it harder than it needs to be.  I can put the toe of the (in this case, R) foot down but only turned out maybe 45 degrees.  Then, if I'm *pushing* in the correct direction the R foot will turn the rest of the way as I transfer weight to it and voila!  So, some improvement.
  • BI8 -- of course after our work on that Danette wanted to work on the BI8.  Eeep. My push is waaaay too weak right now to really make that happen.  We did do some good work on it though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home