Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Edges

 My figures lesson with Danette on the 12:30 FS at Chandler.  We were on the west rink, which for whatever reason I don't like.  Okay ice, about 5 skaters.

Today lesson:

  • Edges -- just edges.  We spent some extra time on FO as I'm still having issues with my LFO edge as I was fishtailing and/or skidding a bit.  I think it's due to the nick in my L blade that I never got fixed.  I'll try to do that on Friday.  FI were mostly okay.  BO are still lacking a bit of control, esp. on L side and trying to keep the free foot in front longer.  BI... I hadn't really realized that I'm not at all keeping my free foot close on these either, so I need to fix that as well.
All in all a bit frustrating as I've really lost ground on these. Hopefully now that I'm done with school I can start to get back to where I used to be.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home