Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Edges, F8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Just 4 skaters! Ice was... inconsistent.  Most of it was really nice, but on one of the blue lines there were lots of raised patches like it had melted or something.  Eeep.

I warmed up with F edges.  I didn't have my scribe today.

Today's lesson:

  • Edges -- mostly okay. I managed to improve my posture during my warmup :-) so it was better.  Had some issues keeping the free shoulder back on BO but BI was pretty good.
  • FO8 -- I only made it around on the last set, but they improved a lot.  
  • FI8 -- Not bad.  I made it around the whole time, yay!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home