Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

It's Been A While

 I skated the Chandler adult skate today for freestyle practice.  I had not skated in these skates for ...2 months? Maybe longer. I had them sharpened in August when I was in Portland and this was my first time in them since then for sure.

I ran through most of the Bronze moves (I skipped power-3s).  Not surprisingly they were pretty tentative.  Really, as usual when I am off the ice for any length of time (for some reason, patch and freestyle are entirely separate spaces in my head), the first 15 minutes or so were pretty scary.  It got better.

I also did a couple of pretty bad waltz jumps (well, nice takeoff but landings were wonky) and a couple of not so great spins.  Still, it was good to be back at it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home