Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Edges, B8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice, 7 skaters.

I just had time to scribe circles, no warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- posture issues on FO, so we did them again. The rest were okay.
  • BO8 -- eeep. I'm not making it around the circle.  Lots of posture issues here.
  • BI8 -- posture issues here too. I'm still tending to throw myself off balance when I push -- my bottom goes out but my upper body doesn't follow.  Geez.  We did sort of fix this.
I had a couple of minutes after to work on FO8.  I'm getting around about 3/4 of the circle, but posture was better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home