Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

3s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate. Nice ice and just 3 skaters.  I warmed up with edges.

For today's lesson, we worked exclusively on 3s.  We did a little warmup at the boards, and then worked them (L and R) on the scorekeeper box semicircle.  I am at least attempting to do them, so I guess that's something.  Actually, Danette was able to show me conclusively at least part of why I'm making it harder than it needs to be: during the turn the skating arm (that should be trailing) is coming forward and it just throws me off.  I tried working this a little bit in the scorekeeper doorway, trying the turn without the glass to keep my back arm (skating arm) from coming forward.  Yup!  This makes a lot of sense as to why it's a problem.  I'm not sure how I solve it, but at least I know what's going on.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home