Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Edges & FO8

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice, 7 skaters.  I was running late, so no warmup and no scribed circles.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- mostly okay.  Still some posture issues but with no warmup I'm not surprised.  I did definitely have some issues on the LFO -- leaning out of the circle and a resultant flat.  Ugh. Back edges were pretty nice, actually and I did a better job of controlling the free leg.
  • FO8 -- meh. Push is really inadequate and still working on posture.  Not happy with these at all, really.  Danette held my trailing hand to try to get me to stand up straight and lean into the circle.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home