Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

B8s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate -- beyootiful ice and just 6 skaters. I scribed circles and warmed up with edges -- they were mostly okay.

Today's lesson:

  • BO8 -- again working on posture.  These were actually improved, especially the LBO.  Working to consistently get that free foot in front on the first half of the circle, especially on the R side.  Eeep.
  • BI8 -- still a work in progress.  Circles are too small, but the push is better.  I'm really having issues trying to stand up straight and get off my toes.  Ugh.
Danette suggested for practice it might be good to just work on skating B edges around a circle, pushing as necessary, just to get my posture and weight on the blade to be better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home