Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, January 03, 2024

F8s, Again

 My lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice and 6 skaters.  I scribed circles and warmed up with edges.  They were a little rough from being off ice last week.

Today's lesson:

  • FI8 -- I tend to break at the waist on the push.   As usual, we spent a lot of time working on posture.  At one point we stepped off the ice and Danette had me working on bending my skating knee (hand on wall) while being sure to keep standing straight.  Of course it's easier on the wall... we went back and did more lobes with Danette holding my hand to keep the arm up.  Eeep.
  • FO8 -- just a few minutes on these.  They are still rough.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home