Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

3s

 My figures lesson with Danette on the Chandler adult skate.  Nice ice and 5 skaters.  I warmed up with edges, but didn't scribe circles.

Today's lesson was spent on 3s, both on the crease and against the wall.  Other than my usual issue with forcing/rushing the turn ('push & turn') the other issue that we spent a lot of time on is getting me to turn more into the circle (more twist) and then to fix my timing on the down-up-down.  Apparently I'm turning while I'm still down and then rising up right after (which explains why everything is forced, duh).

I'm really verklempt on this.  My 3s have never been great but they have really regressed and are even a little scary now.  Geez.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home