Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Perseverance


I skated the 6 p.m. FS. It was not too crowded at all, about 8 skaters (though, 4 of them were on lesson).

I came dressed in my "draft" costume for my program, and Sonya didn't like any of it except the pants :-). So it's off to Goodwill, I think, to look for a nice black vest, and then to Penneys or Macy's to look for a red bowtie (I needed one anyway). I have a nice white tux shirt that should be fine. As for the pants, they are a pair of Mondor black skating pants I ordered from Rainbo Sports. They fit okay but are little long. They are the kind with the velcro stirrup that goes under your boots, but they are sufficiently long that there's no tension in the stirrup so they just hang.

During the session I worked mostly on 3s, FXOs, and this 3-turn to back 2-foot turn sequence Sonya says she wants to put in my program. I was skating in my new pants -- they are stretchy and felt pretty good. I also went without gloves so as to get used to it... eeek! It was disturbing for a while. I should probably make a habit of skating without gloves once a week just so it won't throw me. My hands got really cold though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home