Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Program Element Prep


My lesson today was on the 8:15 FS, and it was pretty quiet, just 3 skaters and for most of my lesson just me!

Today's lesson:
  • stroking -- Feeling a little wobbly today for some reason.
  • spins -- we worked on the entrance from BXOs, and I actually did a one-rev spin from BXOs for the first time ever! I was very pleased. We worked these a fair amount. I'm still tending to leave my right side behind and having trouble bringing it around.
  • half flip -- These are looking pretty good, actually. The mohawk tends to be a little sloppy unfortunately. Sonya says the pick and draw (especially the draw) is looking pretty good. There was one other correction but I can't remember it now darn it!
  • RBO pivot -- just wanted to revisit this since it had been a while. I'm getting a good position on this but having trouble actually getting the nerve to drag the pick and place it. Needs work, but some progress.
During and after the lesson we spent a lot of time talking about my program and some of the music we're considering. I played her the new CD I made for her and she liked one song from it, and she also liked some others on the previous CD I'd given her. She's going to listen to the top candidates again and let me know what she thinks. We also talked a lot about connecting elements and how I will need to work more on this when I practice so it will be more natural.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home