Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Monday, January 28, 2008

The Lesson That Wasn't


I left the house this morning at 6:20 a.m. as usual for a Monday lesson day. What was not usual was that about an inch of snow had fallen and though the roads weren't snowy, they were slick. I got about halfway to the rink, including getting up and down Murray Hill, when I got to the hill on Scholls Ferry. At the bottom of the hill I saw about 4 cars that were stuck on various points of the hill, so I used my brain and texted my coach that I wouldn't be able to make it, and turned around to head home. I got back to Murray Hill only to discover that the northbound lanes were closed with another 5 cars or so stuck and an emergency vehicle. So, I turned around again and took the long way home via Scholls Ferry and 217, and got home about 1.5 hours after I left. Sheesh.

We'll have my lesson on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home