Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Preliminary Test & BI8

I skated the Chandler Ice CafĂ© for my figures lesson with Lynne.  I got on the ice promptly, scribed circles and warmed up w/edges and then we started.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- actually, pretty good.  I'd been having issues with getting around on the RFO but all was well today.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- these were better.  I'm doing a better job of waiting on the BO edge and holding the circle a bit better.  The step forward is better though still short of what it needs to be.  Turns were okay also.
  • BI8 - ugh! we had not looked at these in a while.  My push was lacking though it improved.  I need to work on these more -- as I keep saying, I need more practice time.  Grrr.
After my lesson I worked a bit more on BI8, then some time on 3s to center.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home