Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.  Just Brenna and I on this session for the most part.

Today's lesson:
  • toe loop -- I'm still tending to cheat this a bit, but I am landing it (mostly) on one foot.
  • salchow -- we are making a little progress here.  In general the entry is now pretty good -- a good 3 and I'm jumping at the right time.  That's something.  Where I'm still struggling now is to get some real lift/jump in this jump, and then to land on one foot.  Urph.
  • loop -- still working these on the boards.  It's getting a little easier.  I need to remember to work them in my practice!
After the lesson we talked a bit about my showcase dramatic program.  I pretty much have music picked out and JJ gave me permission to choose a new choreographer for this.  Lots to do as theoretically I'd like to skate this at MidWinter (2 months!!) Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home