Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Preliminary Test, BO8, 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©. I warmed up with edges and scribed circles.  I had had my blades sharpened on Saturday but they were fine.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- weird.  I couldn't make it around on the RFO. It happened 4 times!  I am assuming something about the sharpening was weird.  Oh well.  I fixed it.
  • FI8 - good.
  • waltz-8 -- some progress here.  I don't know if it was having sharp blades or what but I was doing a better job of holding the circle on the BO edge and stepping forward without stepping out so much.  We did this a couple of times and worked on some specific parts.  Yay!  Still a long way to go.
  • BO8 -- ugh.  Not so great, in particular getting that first circle was really rough and I kept running out of steam or cutting into the circle.  Yuck.
  • 3s to center -- About the same.
After my lesson I worked a little on alternating 3s.  They were a little better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home