Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Waltz-Toe, BXOs

My lesson with JJ on the 8:15 FS at Gilbert.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz-toe loop -- we warmed up with a few waltz jumps, then a bunch of toe loops of increasing quality, and then we worked on the waltz-toe loop combo.  The first couple were not good, but I did later manage a couple that were mostly okay.  The key seemed to be to get a good check on the landing and not to rush entry into the toe loop -- it's okay to hold that RBO for a bit.
  • BXOs -- just a few minutes on these, working to de-scratch them.  It really helps if instead of thinking of just "pushing the back foot out"  I specifically think of flexing the back foot and pushing the HEEL out.  Ugh.
We also talked about dramatic program.  I need to choose some music and then we'll talk more.  Ugh.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home