Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, November 20, 2015

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the Gilbert adult skate.  I've decided I have a love/hate relationship with this.  I sometimes really dread this lesson, but when it's over I feel pretty proud of myself.  Oh well!

Today's lesson:

  • stroking -- as fast as possible, as usual.
  • slaloms -- ugh.  My quads! my quads!
  • swizzles -- one side forward, the other backward.  I like these so that was kinda okay.
  • lunges -- again, yuck.  The L side is pretty good, the R side not so much.  Still, doing them by myself (no handholding) is a win.
  • twizzly things -- these actually are getting kind of better.  I need to practice them!  She had me doing them on two feet still.
  • swizzle pumps -- on the circle.  Oh my quds!
  • swizzle-hops -- one side forward (Holly held my hands) and then one side back.  Ugh.  At the end of the lesson it's so hard and I am so exhausted!  But, proud of myself.
And of course a final lap of stroking.  I timed myself on this lap and it was 42 seconds (from a standing start).  That's at least 20s of what I was doing a couple of years ago, so that's pretty impressive.  And this was at the end of the lesson when I was tired!  So that's encouraging.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home