Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Preliminary Test; 3s

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  I warmed up with edges and scribed some circles and we got started.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- pretty good.
  • FI8 -- pretty good.
  • waltz-8 -- meh.  After running through them we then spent a bunch of time just working on the step forward on the circle; mostly the LBO since that's the weaker side.  We worked on holding the skating shoulder back on the first part of the BO edge so that I don't get so much swing started, then releasing and turning the skating foot for the new push.  I think we made a little progress.
  • 3s to center -- I've decided it's not so much that the initial check is lacking, as it is that after the turn I don't control the shoulders and free leg/hip so that I then swing into the circle.  Grrr.
After my lesson I just had a couple of moments to work on the step forward again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home