Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 6:45 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  It was surprisingly crowded, especially with the 4 girls practicing for the Christmas show ("Hot Chocolate").  Looks like fun.

Today's lesson:

  • waltz jump --  just a couple since I'd not skated for a week (!).  First one not so great but not too bad after that.  My lesson from this is that if I am mindful of the entry I can do a reasonably nice jump.
  • salchow -- just two of these.  They actually were pretty nice! Not much lift, but timing was pretty good. I was pleased and would have liked to do more, but JJ wanted to move on.
  • toe loop -- urph. These are about the same. Still landing two-footed.  Grr. I want to get these re-fixed!  That would require practice... :-)
  • loop prep -- more loop prep on the wall.   Still a bit nerve-wracking for me but it's getting better.  We also did the two-foot backspin prep exercise, followed by doing an LBI pivot into the two-foot spin. Eventually I will need to lift that L foot...
After my lesson I only finished out the session (didn't stay).  I worked on 3s, spins and a few more toe loops.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home