Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Preliminary Test & Serpentine

My figures test with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  We got on the ice right as the session started, Lynne scribed some circles while I warmed up edges.  I see that we pretty much worked on the same stuff as last week -- I'm okay with that.

Today's lesson:

  • FO8 -- pretty good except for a rather bad wobble on the first RFO.  Circle size was good and my pushes are lining up pretty nicely.
  • FI8 -- nice.
  • waltz-8 -- I've mostly fixed the issue I had with cutting in the BO edge.  I still am not quite holding it long enough, though, and the step forward is of course still weak.   Overall I do feel it's improved a lot in the past month or so.
  • serpentine -- Lynne had scribed me 3 circles so clearly this was on her mind :-).  Actually it went really well!  On the positive side I actually made it around ALL of my circles with no extra push!  That's a first, I think.  On the negative side I did have one loss of balance moment on one of each of the LFO and RFOs -- I was trying to push harder (and I did) but it threw me off a bit.  Transitions are not as nice as they have been -- a bit diagonal and not well controlled.  Still, it actually is pretty significant progress so I'm stoked.
After my lesson we did patch for the group lesson, so I worked on BI8 and 3s to center.  Mmmph, neither one was too great.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home