Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Jumps

My lesson with JJ on the 7:30 a.m. FS at Gilbert.  I warmed up with Bronze moves.  Bleah.

Today's lesson:

  • step forward exercise -- JJ told me he'd read my blog post about my power lessons, and also watched my Sherwood figures videos (I need to post those here).  He asked what I was working on with Lynne and I explained that I'm still working on waltz-8 due to the step forward.  He suggested doing an exercise down the line (NOT on a curve) of back edge, step forward, repeat just to work on the step forward.
  • back spin prep -- this is really loop prep, I believe; just as we worked on last week. Two foot spin and put most weight on the R foot to feel the BO edge.  It's getting a little better.
  • loop prep -- on the boards; just stepping through the jump holding that free leg in front.  Eeep.
  • toe loop -- about the same but I think the timing is getting a little better.  I'm certainly feeling more comfortable with it.
  • salchow --mmph.  I did one that felt really good and the rest were yucky.  Oh well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home