Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Preliminary Test

My figures lesson with Lynne on the Chandler Ice CafĂ©.  We started right away, no warmup.

Today's lesson:

  • edges -- These were pretty good.  We spent a little time looking at the BI edges push to try to get a really good start with no BO edge and no flat.  I improved it somewhat. Key is to not widestep and to really turn the foot out.
  • FO8 -- just okay.  The RFO was pretty weak the first 2 circles, LFO was okay.
  • FI8 -- nice.
  • waltz-8 -- Not so great.  Circle shape was really poor, and forget about tracing.  We spent the rest of the lesson working on this.  Lynne drew me some circles, which helped a lot -- clearly I'm not ready to take off the training wheels on these :-(.
After my lesson I spent the rest of my time working on waltz-8, BI8 and also BO8.  The BO8s were really nice :-)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home