Gordon's Sk8er Boi Blog

My adventures as an adult male figure skater in Tucson, Arizona Portland, Oregon Chandler, Arizona.

Friday, September 04, 2015

Power

My power lesson with Holly on the adult skate at Gilbert.

I was running a bit late today and only had about 5 minutes to warm up before my lesson.  Ugh.

Today's lesson:
  • stroking -- I think I was faster last week; but I am definitely faster than a month ago.  Yay!
  • slaloms -- ugh, I really hate these, they are really hard on my quads and I don't do a good job of keeping my feet together.
  • slalom-jumps -- down the line, and then down the rink.  Do a slalom, jump from both feet. Lather, rinse, repeat.  Kinda scary going forward.  Holly held my hand at first then I did them on my own. Eeep.
  • backward swizzle-tap -- down the rink. I think Holly held my hand last week but no more!
  • pushing -- pushing Holly down the ice while she's braking w/her toepicks. I'm getting better at this.
  • lunges -- pushing Holly down the ice doing alternate lunges.  Yow.  These are getting better and I have a lot better kneebend than I used to.
  • cross-strokes -- I had done these in Naomi's ice dance class but these are tighter.  Not so great but I did them.
I made it through 20 minutes and I was okay (though tired).  Yay!  I do feel like this is helping and worthwhile.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home